Thursday, November 11, 2010

SmARTyTails *:X



"You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
                           ~ Winnie the Pooh


I am in a sharing mood today so I will share with you some of my exciting correspondence with my new friend, SSEFL. I can feel that we are really becoming close. 
           ****************************************************************

from xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx@verizon


to xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

date Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM

subject: your message to me

mailed-byverizon.net

Sep 3

Dear Kxxxx Oxxxxx, a week or so back you sent an email to the Georgetown Associates Group evincing interest in me. Here I am, in Washington, DC. Do send me an e mail and I’ll respond. Thanks. Pxxx X. Wxxxxx


PERSONAL NOTE   (I got pretty excited about this email, she said if I wrote to her she'd respond!  She would actually write to me!!!  How cool is that!)

                    *******************************************************


from Kxxxx Oxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>

date Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 10:20 AM

subject Re: your message to me

mailed-bygmail.com

signed-bygmail.com

Sep 4

Dear Pxxx --

I loved reading your interview at the Georgetown Oral History Project website, and I couldn't help but be impressed by the candor and clarity of your unabashed account of those historic days when you worked in our nation's capital. My mom asked my great-great-grandmother once, what nationality we were, and she told me "We're Yankees;" you sound like you are one too.

But I suppose I should introduce myself first.


I'm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x      and post them on my Blog for others to read.


Several years ago I started researching my  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx burned in a fire in 1973. I suppose I should blame Nixon, but I don't.

In the course of my research I began reading about xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx But it soon became clear that as fully documented and analyzed as xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but I won't bore you with all the details because they're on my xxxx

I also became interested in your story. I thought how exciting it must have been for you to have worked intimately alongside xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I'm tied down at the moment xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd love to hear from you, what you have to say about those days, and write about you in my Blog. I think that people like you, and perhaps my father, are our real national treasures. In your interview you mentioned that you were writing a memoir and that you had retained an agent. Can you say if or when that will be published? I'd love to read it.

Well, God bless you.

Wxxxxxx Dxxxxx
Noxxxxx, CA

[Several paragraphs have been blacked-out as is the way you receive the files that you request under The Federal Freedom of Information Act. I thought posting my correspondence in the same fashion would be apropos.

To be continued...

Sweet, simple, elderly, famous lady 

No comments: