Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Lady Vanishes

A LITTLE NIGHT MYSTERY

A strange thing happened while I was browsing eBay Thursday evening.  I typed in Inga Arvad on 'search' and found a photograph, "Actress Inga Arvad Photo 1976" that had been listed and closed without selling on July 7th. So I went to check out the sellers feedback page and found another 'Inga' picture listed as "Original Photo 1945 Inga Arvad JFK Mistress?" item #250639256524 and that one had sold on July 3rd. 
Ah Ha! said I...what might that picture look like?  I clicked on 'view item' and instead of the photograph that was listed for auction it took me to a random page of more than 34,000 images...hum?  So I went to the buyers feedback page and located his purchase of item #250639256524 and I clicked 'view item' and ended up at the same strangely random page as before.  Double hummm!!!  I decided to 'Live Chat' with eBay about the little dilemma I was experiencing with their site.  After THREE hours of waiting in queue (I tend to be persistent) and 30 minutes of online assistance from an eBay representative, I was told that the listing had been removed from their system because eBay removes the listings after 60 days.  Ok...triple 'hummm'!  I then asked why all of the items listed immediately before and after this particular item on both the sellers and buyers feedback pages were still able to be viewed..but only this one particular listing was no longer accessible, and I received no response.  So then I asked if perhaps the profile picture of the buyer of the item that "was no longer there", THE SEAL OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, could possibly have anything to do with the item being removed, and I then received the standard brush-off, buh-bye now, come again soon, see ya later, BS type reply.  I am planning to go back again tonight and ask eBay the same questions...if I am never heard from again...hopefully someone out there will be as persistent as I am and try to find me *:\

90 days, according to eBay's web site...that's Oct. 3rd.
so why is this link not accessible???


Profile picture of  "Original Photo 1945 Inga Arvad JFK Mistress?"
 item #250639256524's buyer


Seriously folks...why such a mystery?  Why so much effort to cover up something so trivial?  What do they have to hide?  The "they" would be whomever is buying under that name on eBay.  Check out their purchases when you have a chance.

No comments: