Saturday, February 4, 2012

from Pinterest to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

SO...today I decided I would just mess around on Pinterest for a little while, which is a really cool site and quite addictive, and then I decided to link that to my 'FilmNoir' on Movieweb  and then I figured I'd just browse on over to 'SmARTyPants' and link that also. When I signed on to 'SmARTy' I found I had 2 comments for me to approve...say what!!!...comments...I never get any comments, how cool is that! JFK/Inga comments...I had put that little mystery to bed (so to speak and no pun intended) several months ago...But seeing as how it's an election year and I've just finished reading the first two Stieg Larsson books, I just can't help myself.  I LOVE a good mystery, and the JFK/INGA relationship is definitely a very good mystery.


posted by dobee on September 13, 2011 at 5:34 am


I didn’t see your Sept. 10 comment until just now.
 
I agree wholeheartedly that there is a wealth of material for an in-depth book about Jack and Inga. I’ve been trying to wrap my head around this story for a long time now, and I’d love to tackle it myself, but I’m somewhat disabled and living on a very tight income, and don’t think I’d be able to travel to any of the various archives, particularly to peruse Clay Blair’s papers, David O’Selznick’s papers, and of course the National Archives for the FBI surveillance tapes and the transcripts from all the wiretaps and bugs. I have a gut feeling that the columns that Inga and Kathleen K. wrote for the Times-Herald are important too, judging from the other things that Inga has written. In practically everything she wrote, she revealed a little bit of herself.

Assuming that what we have read about JFK and Inga is true.

According to several writers, British Intelligence was going to great lengths to assure America’s entry into the war on their side, and to discredit and embarrass the powerful isolationists in America, including Cissy Patterson and Joseph P. Kennedy. In particular they used Walter Winchell, Drew Pearson and other popular columnists of the day, to insert propaganda and misinformation into the national debate. Lest we forget it was in a Winchell column that the story of Inga and JFK first was made public. In her book The Irregulars: Roald Dahl and the British Spyring in Washington, Jennet Conant talks of this and specifically recounts a heated verbal confrontation between Dahl and Frank Waldrop at a Washington DC party. In another book titled Room 3603 by H. Montgomery Hyde, the author mentions a woman agent code-named Cynthia, who performed some remarkable deeds like breaking into the Vichy French embassy in Washington, and much of her “unofficial” bio reads exactly like that of Inga Arvad, including the story of how Franklin Roosevelt enjoyed reading all of the reports of her exploits, as Hamilton and others have recorded he said about Inga. There are also some similarities with the story of Olga Chekhova, the niece of the wife of writer Anton Chekhov, who starred in many German motion pictures, had affairs with many Nazi leaders and allegedly was a Soviet spy. And then there’s that elusive picture of Inga and Adolf, and those equally elusive articles that she wrote about Hitler for the Danish newspaper Berlingske Tidende.

I would also like to further explore Inga’s marriages to Paul Fejos, Nils Blok and Timothy John Fitzgerald McCoy, and her alleged affair with Bernard Baruch – her old goat – as well as her affiliation with the North American Newspaper Alliance for which she wrote, which was later bought by Ernest Cuneo. During WWII Cuneo worked closely with William Stephenson, Roald Dahl, Ian Fleming and other members of British Intelligence to form the OSS.



Previously posted by me..

According to Nigel Hamilton, it was Inga Arvad (herself) who wrote the original byline for the story of the PT-109, that was picked up by one of the wire services and later appeared “on the front page of the Boston Globe and The New York Times.”  Well, here’s the story as it appeared in the Times on January 11, 1944, so this must be one.


and then today I find this in my 'comments'...

Anonymous said...

Here's the article you're looking for.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=3XUbAAAAIBAJ&sjid=k0wEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3103,3167542&dq=arvad&hl=en


posted February 9, 2011 8:17 PM

humm?

No comments: